Sunday, July 15, 2007

CONCRETE

The path and driveway are set to be done this week (weather permitting). I was suprised by the price of the crossover though. I was told to expect $500 approx but it is $2,000! Just a small difference in pricing there. I know my block is bigger than the norm these days but surely not that much. Anyway it's too late to return all those new things for the house thankfully, I will just have to sell my soul. Maybe a bit dramatic but I will figure something out.

The timber floorboards are set to go down this week also and lots of finishing things - still waiting to be told when inspection day might be.

2 comments:

melika said...

Sell the soul? Yeah, I think about that a lot, too. Hehe But you know, it's just money. You can't take it to the grave. Might as well enjoy it, right?

But really, 2k for a crossover? How wide was that? Our is goign to be extended 4.5m and the guy we found was going to do it for us for just under 1k.

If it's not too late and you want another quote let me know and I can pass on his details. He's located in the west but he's done jobs all around Vic.

Btw, your house is looking great!

Tam said...

Thanks missy, I appreciate the offer. He is due to complete it this week so probly too late to organise someone else.

I think due to the slope on the block he needs to build it up quite a bit. And he lives around the corner from the new house!

As for the money...I totally agree, can't take it with you. And I'm sure the feeling of moving into a new house will take away all those feelings of guilt.