Monday, August 27, 2007

No Photos

No photos yet. I will try try to take them on the weekend and update.

Sorry for those that click and think "she's got her new house and now won't update the blog".

Well here I am. I have been in 3 weeks now, boy it goes fast when your there and slow when your waiting.

We finally got our driveway poured on the weekend. It's pretty steep, don't know how I'll go reversing up in the mornings! I need to wait until the weekend before I can drive into the garage, so still parking out the front.

I venture out to the dust pile I call a backyard on the weekend and picked up a lot of half bricks and rubbish left behind by the builders. Alot of these brick pieces have obviously beed driven over as the are half buried in the ground. Very difficult to get out.

I was looking at the selkirk retaining walls for the 3 walls needed but not too sure on the expense as our house slopes down at the back so you will not see one of the retaining walls unless you are at the bottom of the garden, the other two are out the front. Can I use 2 different materials or would that look odd?

My floorboards are dusty as, everyday i bring out the trusted Enjo and give a sweep and half an hour later you can see the dust creeping back. Maye I should have gone something lighter. Do tiles show as much?

I love the look of the Plantation shutters in the bedroom and they don't let too much light in. I would say more than a blind but less than vanetians (not sure on spelling). They are one of my favourite things.

My other things I'm loving are the childrens retreat. Love the messy toys being away from the living area. I love my couch. I think I've allready said that 20 times allready. My dishwasher is a bit of a letdown....it won't hold the square plates as they are too big and it doesn't dry very well. It leaves pools of water on the upside of glasses and anything with a dimple big enough to hold water. I read the book and it said it had a drying feature.

I love the double shower....and the fact it has a hand held thingy, i can take it off and rinse the kids shampoo out without all that fuss.

My pantry is filling up quickly - hard to believe. We wnt down to Can factory and stocked up on some things now we have somewhere to put them. I do like the kettle, toaster and now sandwich press being always ready to go and out of the veiw of visitors.

So my current task is to make the yard look decent and try and pay off these bills with connection costs. I mean really telstra $299 for what!!! I allready paid $160 to have the cable installed. I can't get adsl due to paired gaming system!!!

Anyway hope everones house is going great guns. Weather in VIC has been perfect for building. I will (hopefully:) put photos on Monday when back at work.

1 comment:

Rel said...

"Sorry for those that click and think "she's got her new house and now won't update the blog"........

Have you been spying on me, lol !!!!

We had light tiles in our previous house and never noticed dust, however with any dark flooring I think you will notice dust more.....

Don't you just love the new house smell, lol !!