Sunday, May 13, 2007

I have a kitchen!!

Went out to the house Mothers day and the cabinets are in. I forgot to take my camera with me so will need to go back out to get some photos. Glenn took some on his phone but we do not have a cord to put these on pc.

It was very exciting!!!! the white and brown looks good. The benchtop is a little grey for my liking but eventually I can get a stone benchtop and this will be no prob. Wish I had done this from the beginning.

I chose to have the cupboards suspended from the floor. When I seen this in the ensuite I thought I could maybe add a cupboard under there and put those little box things for the towells. Could look cute specially if you color co-ordinated to match the bathroom.

Painting is next and then tiling. I heard back about my tiles and it's costing an extra $750 odd for my changes when I thought it was going to be easy. Not the case. Must say this is my biggist disapointment to date with the builders. If I was just given the chance at the beginning and knew what I was up for I wouldn't be upset at all. But when your told one thing and another happens it can be very frustrating.

I'm hoping this won't hold the tiles up, reminds me I must call tile ppl and tell them to order as I will be paying regardless. I think my selections will look unreal when done and I just can't wait.

I'm hoping only 8 to 10 weeks and we could be moving in. Thinking about colour selections now. We are going to get painter friends to do this so may need to wait until moved in. It would be nice to have all done but ah well.

I will update with kitchen photos as soon as possible.

No comments: