Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Locked out again

Well all our plaster is finished, we sorted out our clear bedroom doors and our front door arrived and it was the wrong one too!

Spoke to M3tricon and hopefully they can get what we wanted otherwise I didn't hate it and would have to keep it as is.

The painters are meant to be out there this week and the tilers so hopefully I can get some more photos soon with the bathroom selections done - I can't wait for this.

I'm on count down. Don't have a date given to me yet but hoping 6 weeks as I'm told the concrete should be end of June and that is usually the last thing - hopefully - fingers crossed.

It's getting very muddy out there atm walked around the house the other night and came out with mud bricks on my feet. Lovely. I think I will leave the garden till spring or summer and just focus on the deck now for the house warming and grand final day bbq.

Anyway just thought I would update as I've been reading all the other blog updates and love it when there's something new to read. Lucky work has high speed broadband. lol.

5 comments:

Lily said...

Good selection, Tam.

I am going to build with Metricon and just paid deposit to it. I got the estimate cost from them for extra options but wonder which part should go through the metricon and which part can be shopped around in terms of the cost and final overall effect, some lists are:
Timber flooring, carpet, drive way,
downlight (you mentioned you bought yourself?) etc.

Also I would like to know what things I need to pay attention to during the selection appointment. Your any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks.

Li

Tam said...

Hi Li,

It all depends on financial situation. I needed to add all into loan so could not shop around for much. But I would have on flooring, lights and electrical as I believe thay make a fair profit on these items.

If your organising all electrical through Met I would have heaps of people look at your electrical plan and think of where things will go and in kitchen where to plug in appliences kettle toaster etc. U can never have enough power points! Also when variation report comes with what you have chosen double check this matches as we did not pick up on doors different and now worried bout floor choices.

Let me know how u go.

Lily said...

Hi Tam,

Thank you for your advice especially on the electrical plan.

I paid my deposit one week ago and haven't heard anything from Met since then. The sales rep said she had ordered soil tests, survey for us but this would be done in three weeks. Is this normal? I am not sure whether I can speed any procedure up since I only have one year bridged loan. I hope that we wouldn't be end with a rented house ...

Cheers,

Li

Tam said...

You may want to call them and discuss what time frame they will build your house in. That way you have a clear understanding from the start. Maybe add a month for bad weather just to be sure.

Lily said...

Thanks Tam,

I will call them then.

Li